Tuesday, January 26, 2010

We're Pregnant!!

That's right!- Josh and I are going to have a BABY! We are so excited beyond words. I'm 9 weeks now and due Aug. 29. We will leave Malawi June 24th so we will have a couple months to get settled before the baby gets here :) And I'm so sorry I haven't updated in forever! It just seems that the longer we are here....the busier we get.

So, what's been going on with us over the past few months?.....We had a month long break for Christmas (during which I was constantly nauseous! ha). So we didn't really DO that much except rest! Josh is always super busy with the 4 different classes he teaches and the after school activities he's involved with so he was more than happy to take a break for a few weeks. I on the other hand was bored out of my mind!! I was so ready to start back at school and see my little kiddos :) Also, we had a very nice visit from Josh's mom over the break!- which was fun :)

This is our second week back at school and now I feel like we never had the break! But it's fun, I really love my kids. What I do doesn't take near the amount of preparation as what Josh does though. As for our afterschool activities this semester...Josh will now be teaching two days of soccer (big kids one day, little kids the other) and won't be doing band. And I'll be doing 5-6 yr old ballet and debate! I did debate in highschool so when I saw it on the sign-up sheet I signed up! I'm really excited about it. So we have our plates full for this next term. Which is good...I learned over the break that less isn't always better.

Besides that we're just spending this time getting excited about our Harper Baby :) I have been going to the ABC Clinic on Wednesdays when they have an ob/gyn come in for the day. They have an ultrasound machine which is nice!- we've seen the baby and the heart beat :) But the machine is like from the 80's so it's not the best picture quality, oh well! At least they have one.

Please pray for us as we begin our last half of our year here in Malawi. I'm freaking out about Malaria because if you get it when your pregnant....it's not good. But I'm trusting the Lord that he will take care of everything because there's absolutely nothing I can do about it except wear mosquito spray. Please pray for Josh as he continues teaching all of his classes. He is always so busy with school! I hope everyone had a great holiday season! God Bless!

Love,

Rebecca

2 comments:

  1. yay! congratulations! dan and i got pregnant about a month after we moved to malawi for our two year stint. talk about trusting in God's timing!!! i totally know what it's like being preggers there in the heat without your favorite foods. count on me to be your personal prayer warrior as you grow that baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That's wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete